Use Your Arm as Bait! January 31, 2007Posted by Sean in : Fascinating! , add a comment
The Sport of Noodling
- Go to one of the four states where Noodling is practiced
- Find a River/Lake
- Stick your hand in a hole
- Let a GIANT catfish bite your hand
- Pull it out of the water
22 Ways to Overclock Your Brain January 27, 2007Posted by Sean in : Fascinating! , 1 comment so far
I just read the post “22 Ways to Overclock Your Brain“. I especially liked # 15 and 22.
More interesting Research found here offers a regimen to follow:
1) Increase distilled water consumption to one gallon per day
2) Stop drinking any other liquids
3) Eliminate dairy products
4) Increase high fiber foods
5) Get some sun 20-30 minutes per day at minimum with as much skin exposed as is safe. Do not use sun blocks. Start with small amounts of time if you are in a hot sun area.
6) Get mild exercise. Start with 10 minutes of walking and build additional minutes each day until you can walk for 60 minutes.
After as little as 15 days you will experience improvement.
Quote of the day! January 25, 2007Posted by Sean in : Fascinating! , add a comment
a good one today…
Nothing contributes so much to tranquilizing the mind as a steady purpose – a point on which the soul may fix its intellectual eye.
Mary Shelley (1797-1851)
How to Safely Swim with Piranhas January 16, 2007Posted by Sean in : Fascinating! , add a comment
I read an interesting article today… How to Safely Swim with Piranhas
Simply put, here’s what not to do:
- Go to South America during the dry season
- Visit a slow moving stream during the day
- Cut yourself, or find a bloody carcass to tie around your waist
- Jump out of your boat into the water and make a big fuss
Piranhas are dangerous creatures and should be expected to devour your flesh.
Be afraid, be very afraid.
Happy New Year! January 2, 2007Posted by Sean in : Rant! , add a comment
it’s 2007… right on!